Bituminous Membrane Waterproofing
About Bituminous Membrane Waterproofing
Bitumen products that are open in the roof weather. To protect the base from ultraviolet deterioration, the mineralogist is attached above the above felt, also the product’s fire susceptibility decreases. The thin, transparent film is felt during the manufacturer’s time in all torch on products. Stopping felt when rolling during the packaging procedure when it sticks itself.
A bituminous waterproofing membrane is used for reinforced concrete roof waterproofing. This waterproofing membrane comes on site in the form of rolls manufactures and also packed in the factory properly sealed.
The specifications and also safety manuals of this membranes provided by manufacturer should be read before installation system. Fire safety plus prevention is the most significant though using this membrane.
Types of Bituminous Membrane Waterproofing
- Self-Adhesive Bituminous Membrane:
This membrane is a usual temperature applied, self adhesive, flexible bituminous waterproof sheet based on premium rubber bitumen adhesives, and also reinforced with glass fiber mesh or non-reinforced, bottom surface protected by PE release film, top surfaced coated with PE film, HDPE sheet, aluminum foil or mineral slates.
- Torch Applied Bituminous Membrane:
This innovation offers an alternative to asphalt roofing. Typically used on flat roofs, waterproofing membrane systems are made of sticky, viscous organic liquids. Bitumen, a hydrocarbon made from crude oil, is one of the main essential components of this material. Non-harmful to the environment, highly effective against water and boasting a number of exclusive qualities, bituminous torch-on is broadly considered to be one of the most reliable tools for waterproofing contractors.
- Could be used for almost all areas in our buildings.
- Balconies, terrace, pitched roofs and bathroom, lavatory.
- The walls contacting ground, foundations and also floors fit the ceiling.
- Outer walls that the water accumulation might happens out of the building
- Under the level of the water which might flood.
- Excellent adhesion to the substrate on a flat roof installation (demonstrated by peel testing)
- Water based coatings don’t damage plastics or bitumen.
- Non-toxic. Personal physical contact isn’t dangerous.
- No solvent fumes (no bad smell, no breathing hazard and also no special requirement for ventilation).
- During application, splashes could be washed off simply with water (no need for exceptional washing agents).
- Equipment could be cleaned with water (no need for special solvent cleaner).
- Quality control is raised when installing factory produced rolls of SBS modified bitumen.
- Compatibility with all sorts of flat roofing applications, but could always be used to waterproof car park decks, bridge decks, green roofs etc.
- Installation is simple and can be achieved through a variety of methods; torch-applied, mechanically fixed or adhered, depending on the specification and suitability.
- High resistance to mechanical damage and puncturing in comparison to alternative flat roof coverings. Extreme resistance variants are available depending on the traffic requirements of the surface.
- Security and also peace of mind for the building proprietor is gained through the installation of a robust, multilayer, built up felt SBS modified bituminous waterproofing system.